We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. Current openings include a Family and Child Consultant, which can be found on Career Beacon https://www.careerbeacon.com/en/posting/716122
In addition we are looking for a Research Assistant to join our team on a short term contract to assist with data try and a literature review on girlhood aggression. Information for that position is below:
Organization: Halifax Transition House Association | Centre for Building Resilience through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE)
Position Title: Research Assistant
Position Type: 21 hours/week; Short-term Contract until March 31, 2018
Salary: $19 – $23 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Job Location: Halifax
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Reference #: 2018-RA01-CB
The Centre for Building Resilience through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE), a project of Halifax Transition House Association, offers the evidence-based SNAP® (Stop Now and Plan) program to support young girls aged 6-11 years with social and behavioural issues, their families, and school-based peers. BRAVE is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a short-term contract to assist with literature reviews and data entry. The Research Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Accepts and works within the framework of organization/project’s philosophies;
- Contributes to a positive work environment through all communications and activities;
- Conducts literature reviews on girlhood aggression, etc. using electronic library databases;
- Performs data entry and data management tasks, including entering data into the SNAP® database and SNAPiT data and case management system, scoring data; checking data for accuracy and completeness, etc.;
- Liaises with project partners for research and data management purposes; and
- Performs other related duties from time to time as required by the Executive Director.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (psychology, criminology, health or social sciences, or related discipline) preferred;
- Minimum two years research and/or data entry experience required;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and internet;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills; ability to communicate ideas and issues clearly, concisely and accurately;
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive information on a confidential basis;
- Must provide an acceptable Police Records and Vulnerable Sectors Check and Child Abuse Register Check to ensure suitability for working in an environment with children and vulnerable families.
Please forward your resume and a cover letter saved as one document that describes your qualifications related to those outlined in the job advertisement by email (please quote Reference 2018-RA01-CB):
318-7071 Bayers Road
Halifax, NS B3L 2C2
Halifax Transition House Association is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. We will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview. Please note, interviews may occur simultaneously with position posting.